Around since the 1970s, vinyl composition tile flooring (VCT) has been the most common type of commercial flooring. It can be found almost everywhere: hospitals, offices, retail, and schools. Building managers love its durability and life expectancy, whereas custodians prefer it because it is familiar and easy to maintain.
Recent trends have seen a surge in luxury vinyl tile (LVT) placement in commercial properties. It is easy to see why. Everyone loves how LVT can imitate many different varieties of hardwood or stone. In addition, LVT is very budget-friendly, easy to install, and durable! Caring for these floors can be a snap if you follow some simple guidelines. But first, don’t forget these essential steps:
- Check the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Test products in an inconspicuous area to determine suitability.
- Safety first! Wear PPE and set up wet floor/area closed signs during floor maintenance.
Best Practices for Daily LVT Cleaning
- Proper use of floor matting provides the first level of protection to your floors by preventing soils from entering the building.
- Sweep or vacuum floor (Do not use a vacuum with an agitator).
- If needed, use a microfiber mop to pick up fine particles.
- Do not use harsh chemicals. Use a product specifically made for LVT.
- Clean floors using a damp microfiber cloth.
- Do not saturate the floor. Too much water can work into seams and edges destroying bonds.
- NEVER USE A HIGH SPEED BURNISHER! Burnishing can cause the layers to separate.
When these steps are used for daily cleaning they can reverse the visual effects of standard wear and tear. The solution will fill the scratches and will help flooring maintain its original look.
For more information on luxury vinyl tile or any other types of floor care, contact the experts at Imperial Dade. For a location near you, visit https://imperialdade.com/Locations today.