Tips from Richard Clarke Jr., Director – Industrial Packaging Division
- Use pre-stretched stretch wrap which provides the same holding power as traditional stretch wrap for about one third of the cost.
- Use 15” wide stretch wrap rather than 18” wide wrap. Most workers overwrap excessively with 18” when 15” does the same job for 10-15% less in cost.
- For consistently sized skids, consider a relatively inexpensive semi-automatic stretch wrapper. The operator can drop the skid, tie a corner, punch a button, and go. This improves efficiency by 200%.
- Use banding film (narrow rolls of stretch wrap) for small or light jobs to save money.
- Use corrugated paper rolls to protect furniture and other valuables instead of bubble wrap. This product works just as well and is much less expensive.
For more information about Imperial Dade’s Industrial Packaging Division, download our brochure and contact Richard Clarke Jr. at firstname.lastname@example.org.