By Vickie Holland
The need to train new employees is obvious. New employees need to learn your company’s procedures and policies. Does your training program stop a few weeks after hiring? Are new employees the only team members receiving any training? Continuing to train and develop your employees has many benefits including lower turnover rate and reducing your overall costs.
We pulled together this list on why establishing an on-going training and development program for your team is important to both you and your employees.
- REDUCES EMPLOYEE TURNOVER A recent survey by SHRM (Society for Human Resource Management) states the average cost per hire for a company is $4,129 and it takes 42 days to fill an open position. Investing in employee training makes the employee feel valued. Valued employees are happier, tend to contribute more and are less likely to look elsewhere for employment.
- REDUCES OVERALL COSTS In addition to saving on hiring costs, training promotes consistency throughout the organization leading to increases in efficiency and improved performance.
- IMPROVES PERFORMANCE Training increases learning. This is a great way for your team to adopt new methods or technology.
- PROMOTES TEAMWORK Cross-training skills across your staff helps when employees are absent or on vacation. Consistency across your team leads to teamwork, improved performance and cost reduction.
- INCREASES JOB SATISFACTION Investing in employee’s professional growth keeps employees engaged and motivated.
- IMPROVES SAFETY AND WELLNESS Establishing correct procedures, creating awareness and confirming all employees are following your standards will promote safety throughout your organization. Proper techniques, such as correct procedure on lifting heavy objects or wearing PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) will help ensure employee well-being.
Good companies have good employees. Exceptional companies have well trained employees.
A WELL TRAINED STAFF IMPROVES CUSTOMER SATISFACTION!
Imperial Dade also offers free training programs to customers. Contact your Imperial Dade Sales Consultant or visit http://www.imperialdade.com for a location near you.